Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Final Countdown!

One week to go! It's hard to believe that, after all the time spent saving money and thinking about living in France, it's almost here. The last several days have been filled with goodbyes to work colleagues and friends who we won't see for a year. Everyone says that we'll keep in touch but hectic schedules get in the way and many times communication doesn't happen as often as we'd like. It takes effort to stay in contact with the people in your life. Maybe this blog will help.

Today was the luncheon that Mike and I hosted for my staff. It was nice to have everyone together and enjoy some much needed down time without work.
They are such great people; I'm going to miss that interaction. Each day is invigorating and inspiring. It was hard to walk through the office today and see the conversations and meetings going on and know that I'm not a part of it now. Everything will be fine, and it's a little hard, too. Soon, I'll have new thoughts to think, but the work we do in this office will always be a part of who I am.

So, it's the last week. Mike and I are spending our remaining evenings at home doing little things. Mike's last work day is tomorrow so he has a long list (that he created - not me!)of things to finish around the house on Thursday and Friday. He's been amazing! Friday night is my eveing out with my running girls and Saturday night is a party with our neighbors. Sunday is final packing (and weighing the bags) and then we're off.
We're leaving our beautiful home behind with trees just beginning to flower, perennials pushing out of the ground, and leaves emerging on the hydrangeas. The house never looked better! It's been cleaned, clutter free, and prepared for renters.



It's hard to leave but then I think about where we're going. Here are a few photos of the house in France.




It has a big dining room and nice sitting room, but the best feature is the large terrace with a view over the valley. It's perfect for breakfast and dinners, or just sitting and reading. I'm sure we'll enjoy the pool particularly during the heat of the summer.




That's it for now. There'll be much more to come!

1 comment:

  1. I'm just now catching up with your blog. I've pushed many a button and found this. I thought I read the whole thing and found much more today including the neighborhood dinner and Skeeter on the pillow (gosh I'm gonna miss that guy) It's beautiful! Bet you can't wait to dip your toes in that one. The home looks lovely and charming. So much to say can't wait to see the Tomato's
    Denise

    ReplyDelete